- Dish type
- Vegetable soup
- Squash soup
- Pumpkin soup
This is a great way of making use of any leftover pumpkin from Halloween. Serve with fresh buttered rolls.
27 people made this
- 1kg pumpkin flesh, chopped
- 100g onions, finely chopped
- 50g unsalted butter
- 500ml stock
- 250ml double cream
- salt and white pepper
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 2 potatoes, peeled and finely diced
MethodPrep:15min ›Cook:25min ›Ready in:40min
- Heat butter in a pot and saute onions until soft and translucent. Add pumpkin and potatoes and simmer for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper and add stock. Simmer soup for about 15-20 minutes over low heat. If soup is too thick, add more stock.
- Puree soup with a hand blender. Finally stir in cream and heat again, but do not boil.
- Garnish with a dollop of creme fraiche.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(14)
Reviews in English (4)
Bought pumpkins last year for Halloween. Decided to make soup with the rest. So glad I did as it was very tasty. Will be doing the same again this year-13 Oct 2016
Easy and beautiful soup especially since I added a bacon hock to it and OMG, the best ever soup-27 Jun 2014(Review from this site AU | NZ)