Beef lagman ingredients
- Beef 650 gr.
- Potato 4 pcs.
- Onion 2 pcs.
- 1 carrot
- Tomato paste 2 tablespoons
- Tomato (fresh) 1 pc.
- Bulgarian pepper 1 pc.
- Radish (daikon) 1 pc.
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Jusai (or wild garlic) to taste
- Noodles (long) 200 gr.
- Salt to taste
- Black peppercorns to taste
- Vegetable oil to taste
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 4 servings
- World cuisine
Inventory:Deep pan, Cutting board, Kitchen knife, Wooden spatula, Saucepan, Colander, Garlic press, Serving deep plates
Cooking beef lagman:
Step 1: Cut vegetables and meat.Since we will prepare lagman from store noodles, we will begin the cooking process by slicing vegetables and meat. I’ll clarify right away, according to the Uzbek recipe, lagman is prepared from any meat and vegetables: radish, carrots, potatoes, onions, bell peppers, fresh tomatoes, eggplant, green beans. If you have not noticed - no cabbage. At the same time, it is customary to season everything with plenty of spices. But since we cook beef lagman, we exclude some vegetables. So, the first thing is to rinse the meat under cold running water and cut it into small pieces. Onions, carrots are peeled, and bell pepper - from seeds and cut into thin strips. Peel potatoes and radishes, rinse well under water and cut into cubes. Peel and pass the garlic through a garlic squeezer. Cut the tomatoes into small cubes. Jusai (this is a wild bow) finely chopped.
Step 2: Stew vegetables with meat.We put a deep frying pan on medium heat, pour vegetable oil and put the beef to fry. Add onions, mix and fry a little. Next add carrots and peppers, stew about 10 minutes. Then spread the potatoes and radishes, salt, add the tomato paste and garlic, and then pour 0.5 cup boiled water. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes. Then add the tomatoes with a pot of pepper to the pan, mix well, cover and simmer until completely cooked (about 10-15 minutes) 5 minutes before the end add jusai.
Step 3: Cook the beef lagman.At this time, put a pot of water on medium heat, add salt and as soon as it boils, put the noodles to cook. We transfer the finished noodles into a colander, decant the excess liquid and transfer to deep portioned dishes. And from above we pour with ready gravy from vegetables and meat.
Step 4: Serve the beef lagman.Ready lagman is served hot and is usually eaten with chopsticks. Enjoy your meal!
- - Lagman can also be cooked without meat, a kind of vegetarian option, in which another 100 grams of soybeans are added to the vegetables.
- - In fact, there are many variations of the preparation of the lagman, which offer a different combination of vegetables and spices. And don't be afraid to experiment: add your favorite seasonings and vegetables.
- - A real lagman is cooking with homemade noodles. But the process of preparing it is very time-consuming.
- - If you did not find jusai, do not worry, it can be replaced with the feathers of young garlic. Or do not add it at all, just increase the dose of garlic.