Ingredients for Cooking Norwegian Knots
- Premium wheat flour 200 gr.
- Butter (or baking margarine) 125 gr.
- Sugar 80 gr.
- Chicken eggs 3 pcs.
- Cinnamon 3 tablespoons
- Powdered sugar 5 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients Eggs
- Serving 6 servings
Inventory:Baking sheet, Parchment paper, Bowls, Mixer, Casserole, Serving plate
Cooking Norwegian Knots:
Step 1: Knead the dough.Someone may be surprised, but we will knead the dough from a boiled egg. Therefore, the first thing to do is to cook hard boiled one egg. And at this time the remaining two eggs we separate the proteins from the yolks and beat the last with sugar using a mixer. Next, add the boiled yolk, grind and spread the butter in pieces. Beat everything thoroughly with a mixer, start pouring flour in portions, and knead a soft, elastic dough.
Step 2: Cook the Norwegian Knots cookies.Set the oven to heat. 170 degrees. In a shallow bowl, whisk the whites lightly with a mixer, and pour cinnamon and powdered sugar into another bowl. Take a baking sheet and cover it with parchment paper. From the finished dough, we pluck a small piece and roll the balls, which are then dipped first in protein, and then in cinnamon. Then put them on a baking sheet and send to bake in the oven for about for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
Step 3: Serve the Norwegian Knots cookies.Cool the finished cookies and transfer to a serving dish. Make aromatic tea or coffee and call the household to the table. Enjoy your meal!
- - If you do not like cinnamon very much, then dip cookies only in powdered sugar.
- - Butter can be replaced with baking margarine.
- - Do not use a baking powder when kneading the dough, otherwise the cookies will lose their shape when baked.
- - If you do not have parchment paper, you can grease a baking sheet with a piece of butter and sprinkle lightly with flour.