Ingredients for making dumplings with potatoes and mushrooms.
- Kefir (any fat content) 1 cup
- Premium wheat flour 5 cup
- Soda 0.5 teaspoon
- 1 pinch salt
- Potato 8 pieces
- Canned champignons 1 can
- Onion 2 pieces
- Refined vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
- Butter 10 grams
- 1 pinch salt
- Ground black pepper 0.5 teaspoon
- Main ingredients Potato, Flour
- Serving 6 servings
- World CuisineUkrainian Cuisine
Inventory:Measuring cup, Table and teaspoons, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Tabletop, Kitchen stove, Saucepan, Rolling pin, Frying pan, Wooden spatula, Jug, Deep bowl, Serving deep dish or serving plates
Cooking dumplings with potatoes and mushrooms:
Step 1: Cook the potatoes.First, rinse the potatoes well under running water, then peel them, remove any dark spots and wormholes. Then chop into 4-6 parts, place a suitable pan and fill to the top with cold water. Water is needed so that it completely covers the potatoes. Put the pot on a strong fire, when the water boils, remove the froth from the potatoes, add a little salt and reduce the heat, cook 20 minutesuntil the vegetable is fully cooked.
Step 2: Fry the onion.While the potatoes are being cooked, peel the onions, then rinse in cold water, cut into small cubes. Put a frying pan to medium heat, heat it up, add vegetable oil, then pour out chopped onions. Fry it until golden brown, periodically stir it with a wooden spatula so that it is evenly fried.
Step 3: Connect the filling for the dumplings.When the potatoes are cooked, remove the pan from the heat, drain the water into a separate clean container. Mash potatoes with a flea crush, add a little drained water, butter, add salt and pepper. Then add mashed potatoes to the potato 1/3 of the whole frymix well and let cool. Separate the champignons from the liquid, finely chop with a knife and send in mashed potatoes. Move everything carefully until smooth. You can take any mushrooms, but using canned mushrooms, you significantly reduce the cooking time.
Step 4: Cook the dough for the dumplings.To prepare the dough, pour kefir in a deep bowl, add soda and table salt to it, mix thoroughly. Then gradually add the parts previously sifted through fine sieve. The dough should thicken, then put it on the working surface of the table, pre-sprinkled with flour, and knead it until a homogeneous mass, without lumps. As a result, the dough should be cool enough and not stick to your hands.
Step 5: Roll out and divide the dough.Now roll a ball of dough into a rectangle, cut a strip from it, about 2 centimeters and cut it into pieces. Then dip each piece into flour on the sides of the slice. Roll out the pieces of dough in the form of a circle on the working surface of the table.
Step 6: Form and cook the dumplings.Gently spread the filling in the middle of the circle, connect the edges of the dumpling well. Put the blinded dumplings on a clean cutting board, lightly sprinkled with flour, at a distance from each other, approximately 1 cmso that they do not stick together. You should get about 23-25 dumplings. Now fill the pan (a little more than half) with clean water, put on medium firebring to a boil, In 5 minutes salt, and put dumplings in water. After a few minutes, reduce the heat and simmer until cooked. It takes about 15-20 minutes.
Step 7: Serve the dumplings with potatoes.Arrange the prepared hot dumplings on portioned plates or put them in a common serving dish. Sprinkle them on top remaining roastand gently mix. Serve with sour cream or mayonnaise. Good appetite!
- - If you do not have kefir, then you can replace it with ordinary clean filtered water at room temperature.
- - Traditionally, it is customary to put fried onions in the filling, but for a change of taste, you can add mushrooms or offal to it.
- - In order to make the dough soft and tender, try to use the finest wheat flour of the highest quality for its preparation.
- - Before making the dough, you need to sift the flour through a fine sieve. Do not ignore this recommendation, as it is necessary not only to avoid the formation of lumps and coarse parts of the dough, but also to enrich the flour with oxygen. Thus, you will get even more airy dough.
- - It is customary to add soda to the dough, but, as you know, not everyone can tolerate its specific smell. In order to avoid this, you can replace it with a baking powder.