Ingredients for Making Pumpkin Pudding
- Pumpkin 500 gr.
- Butter 125 gr.
- Premium wheat flour 250 gr.
- Egg yolk 6 pcs.
- Sugar 300 gr.
- Lemon 1 pc.
- Ground ginger 0.5 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon 0.5 teaspoon
- Cream (30%) 240 ml.
- Cognac 75 ml.
- Pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar for flavoring
- Main Ingredients
- Serving 8 servings
Baking dish, Steamer, Grater, Bowl, Blender, Food wrap, Serving dish
Cooking Pumpkin Pudding:
Step 1: Bake the pumpkin.
First of all, take a pumpkin, peel it from the peel, fibers and seeds, and then cut into arbitrary pieces. I cook pumpkins in a double boiler, just moving it there and putting it on baking mode 20 minutes. But if you don’t have a double boiler, you can simply boil the pumpkin or bake it in the oven at a temperature 150 degrees.
Step 2: Knead the dough.
At this time, in a bowl, mix the flour with butter (finely chopped in advance) and salt.
Then add one egg yolk (previously separated from protein), 30 ml cognac and some cold water.
Knead the soft dough, which is then wrapped with cling film and sent to the refrigerator at least half an hour.
Step 3: Cook the pumpkin filling.
Mix the prepared soft pumpkin (cooled) in the blender with the remaining cognac, sugar, and spices and grind it in mashed potatoes.
Then pour the lemon for several minutes with boiled water, and then remove the zest with a grater.
Add it and the remaining yolks to the pumpkin and fill everything with cream. The filling is ready!
Step 4: Cook the pumpkin pudding.
Set the oven to heat. 180 degrees. We take out the dough from the refrigerator. We grease the baking dish with a piece of butter and put the dough into it, evenly distributing it on the surface and forming the sides. Lightly pierce it with a fork and send to bake in the oven 15 to 20 minutes.
After which we fill the dough with the filling and put the bake again 30 minutes until the pudding is completely frozen.
Step 5: Serve the pumpkin pudding.
We take the finished pudding out of the oven and completely cool. Then sprinkle it with icing sugar and cut into portioned pieces. Brew aromatic tea and invite households to feast on. Enjoy your meal!
- - We fill in lemon with boiling water in order to remove all unnecessary harmful substances on it, and so the zest will turn out even more fragrant.
- - When baking the dough, you can sprinkle it a little with clean beans or peas so that it does not rise and is equal. And then pour it out and fill the dough with the filling.
- - If you are afraid that the dough may stick to the form, cover it with parchment paper.