Scallop Jam Ingredients
- Scallops 0.5 kg.
- Raw carrots -1 piece. taste
- Onion 1 piece.
- Chicken eggs 2 pieces.
- Instant gelatin 20 grams.
- Parsley 4 branches.
- Lemon or lime 0.5 pieces.
- Bay leaf 1 piece.
- Parsley root 1 piece.
- Allspice 2 peas.
- Black pepper peas 5 pieces.
- Salt 1 teaspoon.
- Mayonnaise (for sauce) 200 ml.
- Garlic (for sauce) 2 cloves.
- Main ingredientsMussels and scallops
- Portion 6-8
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Inventory:Saucepan with a minimum volume of 2.5-3 liters, Sieve, Knife, Wooden or plastic chopping board, Saucepan, mug or bowl with a volume of 1 l, Jellies, Refrigerator, Sauce, Serving plates
Preparation of jellied scallops:
Step 1: prepare a vegetable broth.Wash carrots, onions and parsley root thoroughly. Put in a large pot and pour water. Add salt, bay leaf, black and allspice in peas. Cook until vegetables are cooked. Then cool the broth slightly and strain through a sieve. Throw the onion and parsley root, put the carrots back - we still need it.
Step 2: defrost and cook scallops.Scallops defrost in cool water about 45 minutes. Then rinse thoroughly. Put the meat in pans and pour the strained vegetable broth until completely covered. Put on fire and cook after boiling no more 10 minutes. Then scallops in the same way as vegetables to strain through a sieve.
Step 3: prepare the basis for aspic.Hard boiled eggs. To do this, take a small pan, put eggs in it and pour cold water. Cook 10-12 minutes after boiling water, then immediately transfer the eggs to cold water. Clean the cooled eggs and cut into rings, slices, figures, etc. how much fantasy is enough. We do the same with boiled carrots. The meat of scallops is cut into oblong cubes. Cut the lemon into slices or figurines like eggs and carrots.
Step 4: prepare a gelatin solution.Pour into a bowl or mug 1 cup vegetable broth. Strongly heat, not bringing to a boil. Pour gelatin into a heated broth and mix thoroughly so that all the gelatin dissolves. Particular attention should be paid to the bottom of the container, since the gelatin itself is quite heavy and quickly sinks to the bottom, and may also stick when swelling. Pour the gelatin solution back into the total mass of the broth and mix thoroughly.
Step 5: fill the forms.In carefully washed and dried forms for aspic, lay the chopped eggs, boiled carrots, lemon, and sprigs of greens. Carefully, so as not to damage the uniform filling of the forms, pour the broth-gelatin mixture into the forms. Leave to cool completely at room temperature. Then we place the molds in the refrigerator until the gelatin mixture is completely frozen. Usually enough 2-3 hours.
Step 6: serve the scallop fillet.After the gelatin filling has completely hardened, you can serve the filler from the scallops to the table. To do this, you will need serving plates of a slightly larger size than jellied dishes. Lower the molds with the frozen aspic in hot water for a few seconds (do not allow the transfusion of water over the edge of the mold and get into the aspic!). Then cover the form with a serving plate and in one motion turn the filler from the form onto the plate. Top can be crushed with fresh herbs. As a sauce, a mayonnaise-garlic mixture in a gravy boat is suitable. To make it, mayonnaise should be mixed with chopped garlic. You can add spices to taste. Traditional drinks - dry white wine or mineral water. It is better if the drinks are chilled only a little. Enjoy your meal!
- - if scallops are thawed in water, the main thing is not to overexpose, otherwise they will be saturated with excess moisture and become tasteless. Microwaves should also not be used - shellfish meat will become tough. - if gelatin is not instant (this is indicated on the package itself), then before dissolving it in the broth, soak it in warm water for 20-30 minutes before swelling.
- - for cooking aspic it is better to take small forms, from an approximate calculation 1 form = 1 serving. - so that during filling the forms with the broth not to shift the filling of vegetables and meat, it is easiest to fill the broth with a thin stream with a tablespoon.