We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ingredients for cooking Normandy potatoes
- Potato medium 6 pieces
- Hard cheese 100 grams
- Chicken egg 2 pieces
- Sour cream 2 tbsp. spoons
- Salt to taste
- Main ingredients: Potato, Cheese
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineFrench Cuisine
Inventory:Bowl, Sharp knife (or peeler), Cooker, Wooden spatula, Cutlery, Large dish (or portioned plates)
Cooking Normandy potatoes:
Step 1: Prepare the potatoes.I thoroughly wash the unpeeled potatoes, after it we put it on a baking sheet previously covered with parchment for baking and bake the vegetable in the oven at a temperature of 200 degrees until ready. In time it will take from 20 to 40 minutes, depending on the variety and size of the tubers. You can check readiness with a regular toothpick or wooden skewer. It should be easy to pierce and soft inside.
Step 2: Cooking the filling.We take the potatoes out of the oven, cool it a little, and then cut it in half. Using a spoon, choose the flesh of our potatoes. We shift it to another dish. Knead the potatoes, previously adding sour cream, egg yolks to the resulting mass, and salt to taste. This can be done using an ordinary fork or a special flea market. You can especially speed up the process using a blender. And at the end, add grated hard cheese to our dough. It is advisable not to overdo it with salt, as the cheese is also salty. We try the resulting mass to taste.
Step 3: Serve the potatoes "in a Norman style."We fill our potato halves with dough, preferably with a slide. The top layer can be smoothed with a fork to give a beautiful shape. Next, we need to bake products in the oven at a temperature 250 degrees to golden crust. It will take time 10-15 minutes. The effect of the dish will be even more beautiful in appearance if you grease the potatoes with beaten egg yolk. This can be done with a culinary brush. And the most important thing is to make this dish abundant, because guests or your loved ones may ask for supplements. It is very tasty! Good appetite!
- - This dish can be successfully used as a simple but very original side dish. It can be served with any kind of meat, fish or seafood.
- - In order to make the dish more original in appearance, the potato mass in halves of the potato can be laid out not with a spoon, but with a culinary syringe with a curly tip. Then the potato will look like a small work of art.
- - To enrich the taste and additional decoration, the surface of the dish before baking can be sprinkled with sesame seeds. After baking, you can decorate potatoes with herbs or sprinkle with ground paprika.