Ingredients for Cooking Artichokes Stewed with Tomatoes
- Fresh artichokes 2 pieces
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Ground black pepper to your liking
- Table salt to your liking
- Seedling 5 pieces
- Tomatoes 2 pieces
- Main ingredients: Artichoke, Tomato
- Serving 4 servings
- World CuisineItalian Cuisine
Inventory:Thick-bottom stewpan or deep frying pan, Cooker, Cutlery, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Wooden toothpicks, Serving plates
Cooking artichokes stewed with tomatoes:
Step 1: Prepare Artichokes.Rinse fresh artichokes thoroughly under cold running water, shake them to get rid of excess water. Then put on a cutting board. Using a sharp knife, cut the stems of vegetables and dark greene petals at the base, for further preparation we will not need them. Then cut them in half, also remove the core of artichokes. This can be done with a spoon, or it can be done manually, since the core consists of soft fibers, which are not difficult to scrape out. Cut the prepared artichoke halves into medium-sized cubes. Put them in the stewpan.
Step 2: Add onions, water and spices to the artichokes.
Step 3: Add tomatoes to the stewpan and stew the dish.Boil a few glasses of water in a kettle and pour over boiling water Tomatoes This must be done so that the peel is easier to peel from the tomato. Peel them, cut the stem. Then cut the tomatoes into 4 parts and put in a saucepan to the artichokes and onions. Now put the stewpan on medium heat, when the water boils, reduce the heat and cover. Stew the dish until artichokes are ready, this about 25-30 minutes.
Step 4: Serve artichokes stewed with tomatoes.
Step 5: .Then put the finished dish on portioned plates. Garnish with greens if desired and serve along with your favorite sauces of your choice. This dish can be served well cold, it will be no less tasty than hot. Also, the dish can act as a wonderful and original side dish for fried, stewed or baked meat or fish. Good appetite!
- - Fresh artichokes can be stored in the refrigerator at a low temperature, in a specially designated compartment for storing vegetables. Store no more than 3 days.
- - The sooner you use artichokes for food, the juicier, more aromatic and tastier they will be.
- - To prepare this dish, you can also use young artichokes. Only in this case it is better to cook them in less time, 15-20 minutes will be quite enough.
- - This dish can be prepared not only in a saucepan on gas, you can also put the ingredients in a baking sheet, add some water and put the dish in the oven, preheated to 150 degrees.