Korean Radish Ingredients
- Green radish 500 grams
- Onion 1 onion
- Garlic 2-3 cloves
- Vinegar 6% half a teaspoon
- Sesame seeds 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable oil 1 teaspoon
- Salt at its discretion
- Red hot ground pepper at your discretion
- Sweet pepper (paprika) at its discretion
- Cilantro at its discretion
- Zira at her discretion
- Main ingredients
- Portion 5-8
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Deep bowl, Cutting board, Sharp knife, Kitchen stove, Wooden spatula, Frying pan, Cutlery, Korean carrot grater, Dish with a lid
Korean radish cooking:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients.We thoroughly wash the radish under running water and peel it. We rub on a grater for Korean carrots, and if you do not find such a grater, then you can use the usual medium grater. Transfer to a deep bowl and sprinkle well with coarse salt. Mix and leave on 30 minutes so that the extra juice stands out and the bitterness of the radish leaves. In another dish, we begin to prepare a spicy seasoning for radish. Take cilantro and zira, thoroughly grind, add red ground pepper and sweet pepper (paprika). Mix everything. Onions must be peeled, washed and cut into half rings. Peel and finely chop the garlic or squeeze it through the garlic press.
Step 2: Fry the onion and spices.Pour vegetable oil into a pan and heat. We spread the onions in half rings and fry until golden brown. Next, add sesame seeds and garlic, mix everything, cover and let it sweat for 2-3 minutes. At the very end, pour the previously prepared spices, mix thoroughly.
Step 3: Mix the ingredients.The radish from which the juice stood out must be transferred to another dish carefully so as not to mash too much. Juice is no longer needed, but it can be used if you have a cough, and it is also great for healing any open wounds. In the radish, add the onion with spices, mix, at the very end add a spoonful of vinegar. Cover and send to a cool place or refrigerator for a while 12 hours minimum, so that the radish is well infused and soaked.
Step 4: Serve the radish in Korean.Serve radish can be cut there pre-parsley and dill, and you can also chop the feathers of green onions. Good appetite!
- - You can not add fried onions to the radish.
- - Instead of fried onions, you can add sesame seeds and garlic. To do this, put sesame seeds on a hot pan and fry them, then add finely chopped garlic and spices. The main thing is not to overexpose for a long time, otherwise they will lose their properties. Next, we do everything as described above.
- - If suddenly you did not find the green radish, then you should not be upset, I am sure that any other radish will turn out to be no less tasty. Even a black radish will do, as its taste will be more spicy, but you and I will cook in Korean, so there’s nothing to be messed up.