Ingredients for making caviar from tomato
- Onion 2 pieces
- Carrot 1 piece
- Garlic 4-5 Prongs
- Sweet salad pepper (any color) 2 pieces
- Tomatoes 500 grams
- Celery Root 100 grams
- Fresh basil 3-4 branches
- Celery leaves 5-6 leaves
- Olive oil 100 milliliters
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Ketchup or tomato paste 1 tablespoon
- Main Ingredients Tomato
- Serving 1 serving
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Knife, Cutting board, Paper kitchen towels, Stove, Deep frying pan, Wooden kitchen spatula, Blender, Tablespoon, Half-liter sterilized jar - as needed, Refrigerator, Salad bowl or deep bowl
Cooking caviar from tomato:
Step 1: stew the celery garlic and onions.Peel the onions, carrots, celery root and garlic with a knife. Rinse under running water and wipe off any excess moisture with kitchen paper towels. Rinse sweet peppers, remove the stalk, seeds and veins, rinse and dry again with paper kitchen towels. Grate carrots, sweet pepper and celery root on a coarse grater, lay the onions and garlic on a chopping board, and finely chop into cubes with a diameter up to 5 millimeters. Turn the stove on to a medium level and place a deep frying pan on it. Add olive oil to the bottom of the pan and heat it. Then add the onion, garlic, carrots and celery root prepared for frying in the heated oil. Stew vegetables over medium heat for about 9-10 minutes mix vegetables periodically with a wooden kitchen spatula to prevent them from burning to the bottom of the pan.
Step 2: add the tomatoes.Juicy, ripe and best of all burgundy tomatoes, rinse under running water, wipe with paper kitchen towels, and with a knife cut the place on which the stalk was attached. Lay on a cutting board and cut into a medium cube 1 to 1 centimeter. At the end of the time you need, toss the tomatoes to the languishing vegetables and simmer them together for another 10 minutes. Do not forget to mix vegetables with a kitchen spatula. Bring tomatoes and all vegetables to a soft, but not decaying consistency.
Step 3: add all other ingredients.Rinse the leaves of basil and celery under running water, shake the excess liquid above the sink, lay on a cutting board and chop finely. Throw them in the cooking caviar together with 1 tablespoon ketchup or tomato paste. Then add olive oil to the vegetables and to taste salt, sugar with black pepper. Stir the ingredients with a kitchen spatula until smooth and continue to simmer them. 10 minutes.
Step 4: grind the ingredients.By stewed over 30 minutes vegetables became soft and completely boiled to the consistency of porridge. Remove the pan from the stove and carefully so as not to scald, grind the vegetable mass using a hand blender. Cool the prepared caviar from the tomato right in the pan to room temperature and pack in clean, sterilized half-liter jars with a tablespoon. Put the jars in the refrigerator on 2 - 3 hours so that the caviar thickens. Immediately before serving, lay the eggs in a salad bowl or a deep bowl, steal with herbs and go on a taste!
Step 4: serve the caviar from the tomato.Tomato caviar served in a salad bowl or deep bowl. On top of it is decorated with celery and basil leaves. This type of caviar is ideally combined with meat dishes or soups cooked in chicken broth. Also often such caviar is served with salted crackers or crackers fried in butter. Sometimes they stew meat with caviar and serve as a hot dish in particular stew. Such a miracle is stored in the refrigerator for a long time from 5 to 9 months. Having prepared this caviar at the end of September, you can enjoy it all winter! Enjoy your meal!
- - This kind of caviar can be preserved! Prepare caviar according to the above recipe, pour hot into sterilized jars and sterilize them in boiling water for half a liter 15 minutes, 25 liter liters. Then close the cans with caviar using the preservation key, turn it upside down and let it cool for 2 to 3 days under a wool blanket. Store canned caviar in a dark, well-ventilated, cool place, it can be a cellar, basement or pantry.
- - This kind of caviar can be made more spicy. Just add hot pepper of any kind while stewing vegetables. Add in small doses until you bring the stewed vegetables to your taste.
- - If for the preparation of this type of caviar you take more dense tomatoes, without a large amount of juice and seeds, the caviar will turn out to be thicker.
- - If you want the caviar to become thicker, you can add 1 teaspoon of sifted wheat flour directly while grinding the ingredients in a blender. BUT! Such caviar will retain its taste in the refrigerator for no more than 1 - 2 days!
- - In this type of caviar, you can add any spices and herbs you like.
- - Ketchup or tomato paste is added as desired!