Ingredients for Pickled Asparagus
For 5 liter cans:
- Asparagus 3 kilograms
- Apple cider vinegar 3 cups (cup capacity 250 milliliters)
- Distilled pure water 3 cups
- Salt 2 tablespoons
- Garlic 10 Prong
- Lemon rings 5 pieces
- Allspice 10 pieces (2 pieces per jar)
- Black peppercorns 10 pieces (2 pieces per jar)
Dried spices and herbs:
- Thyme 1 tablespoon
- Red pepper flakes 1 tablespoon
- French herbs of any brand 1 package (as many as possible)
- Mustard seeds 1-2 tablespoons
- Main Ingredients Asparagus
- Serving 5 servings
- World Cuisine
Inventory:Cutting board, Knife, Stove, Saucepan, Skimmer, Deep bowl, Paper kitchen towels, Sterilized canister - 5 pieces, Metal lid for preservation sterilized - 5 pieces, Tablespoon, Glass, Kitchen towel - 2 - 3 pieces, Ladle, Deep saucepan with lid, Tongs for preservation, Key for preservation, Table, Woolen blanket
Cooking Pickled Asparagus:
Step 1: prepare the asparagus.Rinse asparagus under cold running water from all kinds of contaminants. Place the asparagus on a chopping board and cut the lower fiber ends with a knife. Then put on the stove, turned on at a high temperature, a pan half filled with ordinary running water. Bring water to a boil and flush asparagus for 2 to 3 minutes. Then, using the slotted spoon, remove the stems from the boiling water and transfer them to a clean, deep bowl. After the asparagus has cooled, you have several options, you can cut the asparagus into smaller pieces or marinate the stalks whole, the main thing is that they fit in liter jars.
Step 2: put the asparagus in jars.Rinse the lemon under running water, dry it with a paper towel, lay on a cutting board and cut 5 rings. Put the lemon rings in jars, one for each. There, put peeled garlic, 2 pieces per jar, 2 peas of allspice and 2 peas of black pepper. Tightly put asparagus in sterilized jars with the slice down and cook the marinade.
Step 3: prepare the marinade.Turn the stove on to medium temperature and place a pan on it with the right amount of clean distilled water. After it boils, add to the water all the spices and herbs indicated in the ingredients. Cook marinade 2 - 3 minutes in order for the spices to dissolve their aroma. Then add the right amount of salt, apple cider vinegar and boil the aromatic liquid yet 5 to 7 minutes.
Step 4: pickle asparagus.Remove the pan with the finished marinade from the stove, helping yourself with a kitchen towel. Then, with the help of a ladle, pour it into the cans so that the marinade completely covers the asparagus and is not lower than the neck of the cans no more than by 1 centimeter. Cover the jars with sterilized lids for preservation, place them in a deep pan, pour ordinary cold running water into it in a thin stream so that the liquid does not reach the neck of the jars for 2-3 fingers. Turn the stove on to a high temperature and carefully place a pot of jars on it. After the water boils, screw the stove to a medium temperature, cover the pan with a lid and sterilize the asparagus 20 minutes. Then remove the jars from the boiling water using preservation forceps, put on the table and close with a preservation key. Turn the hot cans upside down, gently holding them with a kitchen towel under the lid, and place on one end a wool blanket pre-spread on the floor. Cover the banks of asparagus with the other end of the blanket so that there are no gaps. Now pickled asparagus will cool slowly without sudden changes in temperature over 12 days. Store cooled jars with preservation in a cool, dark, well-ventilated place, it can be a cellar, basement or pantry.
Step 5: Serve the pickled asparagus.Pickled asparagus is served at room temperature. You can fill this preservation in different ways, you can open a jar of pickled asparagus, put it on a plate, pour with vegetable oil and sprinkle with green onions, dill, chopped garlic and parsley. You can bake it with bacon in the oven. Add to vegetable salad or pastries such as pie, pizza, pies. Pickled asparagus, this is a great preservation for all occasions! Enjoy and have fun! Enjoy your meal!
- - If you do not want to preserve the asparagus, but just want to pickle it, prepare the stems as indicated in the recipe. Then, on the bottom of any glass bowl in which you want to pickle asparagus, lay the rings of lemon, asparagus, black peppercorns, allspice peas and garlic. Prepare the marinade as indicated in the recipe, cool it and pour asparagus on it. Place the container with the ingredients in a warm place, for example near the stove, for 3 to 4 days. After the required amount of time has passed, close the container with a lid and place it in the refrigerator. Let the asparagus stand in the marinade for 1.5 - 2 months and after that you can taste it. But in this type of preparation there is a small minus, the asparagus pickled in this way is stored in the refrigerator for no more than 4 - 5 months, and canned marinade is stored for 1 year.
- - Remember that all the equipment with which you will make the blank must be sterilized or thoroughly washed and treated with boiling water! It is better to wash all equipment with soda, unlike detergents, it does not contain chemicals and launders even the most difficult to remove contaminants in the form of plaque, vegetable oil.
- - Banks can be sterilized in many ways, for example in an autoclave, deep pan, or microwave. Lids can be sterilized with banks or separately in a saucepan. Their sterilization time is the same as for cans.