Ingredients for making broccoli in cream and cheese sauce
- Fresh broccoli cabbage 500 grams
- Sour cream 100 milliliters
- Hard cheese 70 grams
- Salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Dried parsley to taste
- Dried tomatoes to taste
- Butter for lubrication of baking dish
- Main ingredients Broccoli, Cheese, Sour cream
- Serving 2 servings
Inventory:Cooker, Saucepan, Colander, Measuring cup, Bowl, Bakeware, Kitchen gloves, Cutting board, Kitchen knife, Plate - 2 pieces, Medium grater, Lid or cling film, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Oven, Deep dish for serving
Cooking broccoli with sour cream and cheese sauce:
Step 1: prepare the broccoli.One of the varieties of cauliflower is broccoli. It is not only tasty, but also healthy, as it contains a large amount of vitamins and minerals. Often it is sold in frozen supermarkets. But it’s better, of course, to use fresh broccoli to prepare our dish. Before we cook our ingredient, thoroughly rinse the vegetable under cold running water. Then put the cabbage on a cutting board and divide it with a knife into inflorescences. On a medium heat we put a pan with cool water, add a pinch of salt to it and bring the liquid to a boil. When the water boils, transfer to a bowl of broccoli in boiling water and cook for 5-7 minuteswithout covering the pan with a lid. Attention: in no case can you digest cabbage, otherwise our vegetable ingredient will lose not only its beneficial properties, but will become completely tasteless and soft. Then we turn off the fire, and we discard the pan with the ready-made vegetable in a colander and again we rinse it slightly under cold water so that the broccoli cool as soon as possible. When the water drains completely, transfer the broccoli to a free plate. And by the way, if you have a double boiler, then it is better to cook our vegetable ingredient in it, since the process of cooking cabbage for a couple is much better than when boiling it in boiling water.
Step 2: prepare the cheese.Take a free plate and use a medium grater to rub the cheese on it. You need to do this directly above the plate so that the cheese ingredient does not hit the table. Attention: since cheese chips tend to dry quickly, so we can cover the plate with the ingredient or rewind it with cling film.
Step 3: prepare the sauce.We take a clean bowl and use a measuring cup to pour sour cream into it. Then manually add a pinch of salt and black ground pepper to the same container with sour cream. And with the help of a teaspoon we transfer dried parsley and dried tomatoes into a bowl with a liquid ingredient and spices. Using a tablespoon, mix all the ingredients well. After that, we transfer the cheese chips from the plate into the bowl to our components. Using a tablespoon again, thoroughly mix our sauce until a homogeneous cream-cheese mixture is formed.
Step 4: prepare broccoli with sour cream and cheese sauce.We take the baking dish and manually shift the boiled broccoli, pre-lubricating the bottom of the form with butter, so that our dish does not burn during cooking. Then, using a tablespoon, pour the sauce from a bowl into a mold and, using the same table equipment, evenly distribute our liquid ingredient over the entire surface of the vegetable layer. We heat the oven to a temperature 180 ° C and with the help of tacks we put the form with broccoli under sour cream and cheese sauce in the oven cabinet for 10-15 minutes. When the dish is slightly browned, set the thermometer arrow in the oven at 240 ° C in grill mode and bake another 5-7 minutes. Then turn off the oven, remove the form and set aside.
Step 5: serve broccoli with sour cream and cheese sauce.We put the hot broccoli in a cream and cheese sauce into a deep dish and serve it on the table. Before serving, we can decorate the dish with finely chopped fresh herbs - dill, parsley or green onions. This amazingly delicate, aromatic dish can be a delicious side dish for rice, mashed potatoes or a salad of fresh vegetables. In addition, broccoli in cream and cheese sauce can be served as an independent dish. The main thing is that in any serving options, this dish will always be healthy, nutritious and tasty. Good appetite!
- - If you decide to cook a dish of frozen broccoli (they are often sold in supermarkets in this form), then they need to be cooked within 14 minutes, but no more. But it is very important to leave the cabbage to cool aside on its own to room temperature. In no case do not defrost the vegetable with a microwave or under running hot water, as broccoli can lose its beneficial properties.
- - Of course, it is better to buy fresh broccoli, as their content of nutrients will be higher than in frozen ones.
- - When choosing fresh cabbage, pay attention to the quality of the vegetable, namely: broccoli inflorescences should be small, smelling of fresh greenery, resilient to the touch and bright green in color.
- - Fresh broccoli can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. But it is better to use fresh cabbage immediately after purchase.
- - To prepare the sauce, it is better to take home-made sour cream or sour cream of 25% fat so that it is not too liquid in its consistency.
- - You can also use any hard cheese to make the sauce. I recommend Dutch or Italian hard cheeses: sconces, grana padano, provolone or pecorino. All these cheeses have a unique taste and aroma, and also perfectly complement our vegetable casserole with these qualities.
- - For cooking broccoli with cream and cheese sauce, you can use other spices you like.
- - You can replace the dried tomatoes with a small amount of tomato paste.