Shrimp Kebab Ingredients
Ingredients for making shrimp kebab:
- King prawns (fresh) 500 grams (25-30 pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Lemon 1 piece
- Hot red pepper half or 1 little thing no more than 1-2 centimeters long
- Olive oil 1 tablespoon
- Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Green onions 2-3 stems
- Ground black pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger 1/2 teaspoon
- Main Ingredients: Shrimp, Pepper, Lemon
- Serving 5 servings
- World CuisineAsian, Oriental
Inventory:Barbecue, Coal - 2.5 kilograms, Cardboard or newspaper - 2 - 3 pieces, Matches, Metal grill, Colander, Paper kitchen towels, Deep plate, Cutting board, Knife, Deep bowl, Grater, Tablespoon, Teaspoon, Food grade polyethylene film, Refrigerator, Plastic container, Wooden bamboo skewers, Large flat dish
Cooking shrimp kebab:
Step 1: prepare the brazier.First of all, you need to prepare the grill, as the shrimp marinate quite quickly! At the bottom of the grill we put several sheets of dry cardboard or newspaper, lay the coals on top so that they do not reach the middle of the walls on 2 - 3 centimeter. Then we set fire to the cardboard or newspaper with the help of matches and install a metal grate on the grill. After a few seconds, the coals will begin to burn. When they are covered with ash, you can start cooking kebabs, and this will happen in about 20-30 minutes therefore, after preparing the barbecue, you should immediately begin to prepare shrimp and marinade.
Step 2: prepare the shrimp.We throw fresh king prawns into a colander and wash them under a stream of cold running water from sand and any other contaminants. Alternately remove the shell from each shrimp along with the head and tail fin. Then again we put them in a colander, washed again under cold water, dried seafood with paper kitchen towels from excess moisture and laid in a deep plate.
Step 3: prepare the marinade.Now proceed to the preparation of the marinade! First, with a kitchen knife, peel a piece of fresh ginger from the skin, cut the rhizome from the onion, remove the stem from the hot pepper and gut it from the seeds. Then we wash the ingredients under cold running water with lemon and dry them with paper kitchen towels, thus getting rid of excess fluid. Then we put the lemon and ginger to one side, they will be needed later, and pepper and onions are alternately placed on a cutting board, chopped into small pieces of arbitrary shape and put the slices into a deep bowl. Using the fine grater, rub the lemon zest from half the citrus into the same container. We also act with a piece of peeled ginger. After we squeeze out the juice of 1 lemon in a bowl with our hands, add the right amount of salt, olive oil, sugar and black pepper to it. Mix the ingredients with a tablespoon until smooth. The marinade is ready!
Step 4: pickle the shrimp and soak the bamboo skewers.In a fragrant mixture of spices, lemon juice and other ingredients, dip the shrimps prepared for pickling. Mix them with a clean hand with a liquid mass, tighten the bowl with plastic wrap and put the container in the refrigerator for 10 to 12 minutes. Then we pour ordinary running water into a plastic container and put bamboo skewers in it, the liquid should completely cover the wooden sticks. Soak them in water as much as the shrimp will marinate, i.e. 10 - 12 minutes this process is necessary so that wooden skewers do not burn during barbecue frying.
Step 5: prepare the shrimp kebab.After the required time has passed, remove the shrimp bowl from the refrigerator, remove the plastic wrap from it and put the shrimp on soaked bamboo skewers of 2 to 3 pieces. We put mini skewers on the grill of a heated brazier and fry them for 2 minutes. Then we turn the skewer to the other side and also fry seafood another 2 minutes. After immediately transfer the finished barbecue to a large flat dish and serve. Do not overdo the barbecue on the grill, do not forget that during frying, seafood is heated not only outside but also inside. After you put the kebabs on the dish they will continue to prepare another example 1 - 2 minutes the main thing is not to overtake them on fire, otherwise the shrimp will be as hard as rubber!
Step 6: serve the shrimp kebab.Shrimp kebab served hot. If desired, this aromatic dish can be supplemented with spicy and spicy sauces, mayonnaise or ketchup. In the form of a side dish, such kebabs can be served with a salad of fresh vegetables, or vegetables baked on the grill, such as tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers or mushrooms. The ideal drink for this dish is white dry or semi-dry wines, and non-alcoholic drinkers can savor this yummy with a glass of lemonade! Cook and enjoy delicious food! Enjoy your meal!
- - Although the bamboo skewers are soaked in water, they may still burn slightly, as you can see in the photo. In this case, if desired, open places on skewers can be wrapped with aluminum foil or metal thin skewers, as well as long metal knitting needles, can be used instead.
- - The marinade indicated in the recipe is ideal for making shrimp skewers. But you can add ingredients and spices to it, like mustard - half a teaspoon, tomato paste - 1 teaspoon, ground allspice - 1/4 teaspoon, fresh or dried parsley and onion powder to taste.
- - If you purchased frozen shrimps in a package, then just without unpacking the bag, put them in a bowl of cold water, after 30 they will be thawed.
- - Instead of cardboard or newspaper, you can use liquid fuel of any brand.
- - These kebabs can be cooked at home on the electric grill. Frying time does not change!
- - Before cooking kebabs of any kind, do not forget to clean the barbecue and metal grill from ash and any other contaminants!