We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Corn and Chips Salad Ingredients
- Canned sweet corn 200 grams
- Frozen crab sticks 100 grams
- Classic Potato Chips 100 grams
- Olive mayonnaise 3 tablespoons
- Small fresh tomato 1 piece
- Small Crimean onion 1 piece
- Cabbage young medium-sized 1/4 part
- Fresh parsley to taste
- Main Ingredients Corn, Crab Sticks
- Serving 3 servings
Inventory:Plate - 6 pieces, Cutting board, Knife, Tablespoon, Medium bowl, Salad bowl or flat serving dish, Can opener
Making a salad with corn and chips:
Step 1: prepare crab sticks.
Usually we buy frozen crab sticks in supermarkets and grocery stores, so before preparing the salad, we get the seafood from the freezer and put it in a free plate. Set them aside for a while so that they can melt to room temperature.
Attention: In no case do not defrost crab sticks in the microwave or with a jet of hot water, as this can not only ruin the seafood itself, but also the taste of the dish. After that, remove the plastic protective film with your hands or a knife and put it on a cutting board. Using the same sharp improvised inventory, we cut the crab sticks into small pieces and transfer them to a clean plate.
Step 2: prepare the corn.
Canned corn is usually sold in special cans. Therefore, using a can opener, open the lid of the can, but not completely. Holding it with your hands, we drain the liquid in which the corn was stored into the sink and for the time being we set the jar aside.
Step 3: prepare the chips.
To begin with, we remember a little packaging with chips so that they break slightly. After that, open the packaging with your hands and, if necessary, additionally break the chips with your hands to a small size. Pour the chips into a free plate.
Step 4: prepare the cabbage.
We wash the cabbage under running water, gently shake it off the excess liquid and put it on a cutting board. Using a knife, chop the vegetable onto a thin straw and immediately after that we transfer it to a free plate.
Step 5: prepare the onion.
Crimean onion differs from onion in pleasant sweetish taste and more piquant spiciness. It will be he who will give our salad an unusual flavor and aroma. Using a knife, remove the husk from the vegetable and wash the onions under running water. Then put it on a cutting board and finely chop into small squares. Shredded vegetable is transferred to a clean plate.
Step 6: prepare the tomato.
We wash the tomato under running water and after - put it on a cutting board. We remove the tail, if necessary, and with the help of a knife we cut out the place where it was attached to the plant. Then cut the vegetable into two halves, and after - cut each part into small cubes. Shred finely chopped tomato in a clean plate.
Step 7: prepare the greens.
Parsley is washed under running water, shake off excess liquid by weight and put on a cutting board. Using a knife, finely chop the greens and transfer to a clean plate.
Step 8: prepare a salad with corn and chips.
Put crushed chips in a medium bowl, canned corn with a tablespoon, chopped tomatoes, crab sticks, Crimean onion, slaw and finely chopped greens. Add olive mayonnaise to the container and mix well until smooth. Everything, the salad is ready!
Step 9: serve a salad with corn and chips.
As soon as the salad with corn and chips is ready, it can immediately be served at the dining table. The dish turns out to be very tasty, fragrant and quite satisfying, because the basis of chips is potatoes. If desired, the salad can be transferred from a bowl to a salad bowl or immediately laid out on flat dishes for serving.
- You can use fresh corn to make salad. To do this, boil it in salt water, then put it on a cutting board so that it cools down to room temperature and at the end, cut the grains from the head with a knife and grind them manually.
- At will, in a salad with corn and chips, you can add fresh cucumber.
- Salad can be seasoned with any mayonnaise of your choice. And if you have a blender at hand, then you can cook your own homemade mayonnaise and season it with a dish.
- Since the chips themselves are salty, you can not salt the salad. In any case, it is better to taste the dish and add salt, and even black pepper, if desired.
- If you have not found the classic chips, then they can be replaced with cheese.
- Instead of white cabbage, you can add Chinese cabbage to a salad with corn and chips.