We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Starters with eggs
Eggs en cocotte sounds posh, but it's ready in 15 minutes and gobbled up by my family in even less than that! I usually serve Oeufs en Cocotte as a starter or as an accompaniment to vegetable soup.
Be the first to make this!
- 2 knobs butter
- 4 thin slices prosciutto, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 pinches ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 2 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
MethodPrep:5min ›Cook:10min ›Ready in:15min
- Preheat oven to 200 C / Gas 6 and grease 2 ramekins with a knob of butter each.
- Divide prosciutto evenly between each ramekin, then break an egg into each (taking care not to damage the yolk). Season with pepper and bake in preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes. Meanwhile, heat cream for a few moments in the microwave.
- Remove from oven, drizzle each with warm cream and top with chopped parsley. Serve hot.
For a delicious variation, replace the prosciutto with smoked salmon and the parsley with fresh dill or chives.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(1)
Reviews in English (1)
turns out that I make a variation of this all the time. I had no idea what it was called, but I like it.-10 Apr 2016